Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A review of website Programming R

Lately I have been getting deeply involved in the statistics world of R. I have recently taken a job in online marketing and I am finding R to be a very useful tool. The first thing I did was to try to find tools of the R trade. I am finding that there are a lot of great tools for R available on the internet.

One of those online tools is the website Programming R. Programming R seems to be a fairly new website that seems to be only around for about a year. The promise of Programming R is it's dedication to R users from beginner to advanced. I find the articles written for Programming R to be very concise and well written. Programming R also provides book reviews for R. This is a very helpful tool for the beginner user.

One interesting section of the Programming R website is its devotion to R consultants and R jobs. The R project itself promotes these but its refreshing to see an independent website to promote statistical jobs devoted to R.

There is also a web forum which is always useful. Unfortunately its not very featured by its users for some reason. Hopefully as the website grows the forum will be used more often.

Overall I really like Programming R for its writing and content. I recommend new and veteran R users to seek Programming R as a resource.

No comments: